As part of $61 million suite of inclusive education initiatives, the Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program provides $6.4 million to upgrade early childhood infrastructure and equipment – including playgrounds – across the state and provide grants to allow kinders to provide safe and more inclusive environments.
The program aims to:
- increase engagement and improve learning outcomes for children with disabilities or additional needs through strengthening inclusive early childhood learning environments;
- promote inclusion in early childhood learning settings and teaching approaches that are tailored to the needs of all learners on the same basis, including those with disabilities or additional needs; and
- create innovative early childhood learning environments based on inclusive best practice and universal design.
The program is split into two funding streams:
- $4 million: Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program - Buildings and Playgrounds (IKFP-B&P)
- $2.4 million: Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program – Equipment (IKFP-E)
Who can apply?
The following entities offering a State Government-funded and registered kindergarten program:
What will be funded?
Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program - Buildings and Playgrounds (IKFP-B&P):
- The fund is available for projects ranging in cost from $15,000 to $200,000. The total value of the project may not exceed $200,000.
Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program – Equipment (IKFP-E)
- Funding is available for projects from $2,000 to $10,000. The total value of the project may not exceed $10,000.
Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program Guidelines (Word)
Where can I apply?
Applicants for both the Buildings and Playgrounds and Equipment streams must apply online through the SmartyGrants system at
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQs - Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program - Buildings and Playgrounds (Word)
FAQs - Inclusive Kindergartens Facilities Program - Equipment (Word)
When do applications close?
· Applications to the Equipment Stream Round 2 will close on
11 May 2018
· Applications to the Buildings and Playgrounds stream will close
30 April 2018
Where can I get further details?