ABOUT THE PROJECT
Mernda Central P-12 College is a new school serving families in the suburb of Mernda.
The school opened for students, Prep to Year 7 in Term 1, 2017.
The Prep to 6 component of the school accommodates up to 400 students and the Year 7 to 12 component can accommodate up to 880 students.
The school facilities were designed with the local community in mind and include:
- an additional multi-purpose space that can be used by the school during school hours and by the YMCA out of school hours to provide a range of community services and programs;
- a performing arts theatre, music room and rehearsal space;
- an expanded gymnasium built to Netball Victoria standards;
- a learn to swim pool;
- a kitchen to allow for food technology and community cooking programs;
- embedded environmental sustainability education via the CERES ResourceSmart Schools program initiative;
- conference and meeting rooms for local community use.
Clarke Hopkins Clarke were the architects for the project.
Watpac were the builder for the project.
Apart from the architect and builder, LCV partners included Amber as sponsor, Spotless as facilities manager and YMCA and CERES as community partners.
Mandy O'Mara has been appointed as the principal of Mernda Central P-12 College.
Students are eligible to enrol in this school if it is the nearest government school to where the student lives.
The College will expand enrolments to cater for more year levels in the years to come:
|2017||Prep - 7 |
|2018||Prep - 8 |
|2019||Prep - 9 |
|2020 ||Prep - 10|
|2021||Prep - 11|
|2022 ||Prep - 12|
Our enrolment map will help you see if your child is eligible to enrol at the school.
For more information contact the Principal, Mandy O'Mara.
Mail: PO Box 321, Mernda.
Phone: 0414 145 914
Policies on enrolment, placement, and admission are available on the Department of Education and Training website.