ABOUT THE PROJECT
Mernda Park Primary is a new school serving families in the suburb of Mernda.
We built the school to accommodate up to 400 students, and was delivered by the Learning Communities Victoria (LCV) consortium.
The school opened for Prep to Year 6 students in Term 1, 2017.
The school was designed with the local community in mind and is a gathering place for local families and residents to enjoy community, arts, sports and recreation programs.
- an additional multi-purpose space that can be used by the school during school hours and by the YMCA out of school hours to provide a range of community services and programs
- an expanded gymnasium built to Netball Victoria standards
- conference and meeting rooms for local community use
- embedded environmental sustainability education via the CERES ResourceSmart Schools program initiative
- conference and meeting rooms for local community use.
The site also includes an integrated early learning centre which comprises of the City of Whittlesea's Child and Family Centre and the YMCA-operated early learning centre.
Clarke Hopkins Clarke was the architect for the project.
Watpac was the builder for the project.
Apart from the architect and builder. LCV partners included Amber as sponsor, Spotless as facilities manager and YMCA and CERES as community partners.
Mary Ryan has been appointed as the principal.
Students are eligible to enrol in this school if it is the nearest government school to where the student lives.
Our enrolment map will help you see if your child is eligible to enrol at the school.
If you would like to enrol your child in this school, please contact the principal, Mary Ryan, on 03 8776 9600.
Policies on enrolment, placement, and admission are available on the Department of Education and Training website.