Upgrade and Modernisation
About the project
This school will benefit from Victoria’s largest ever single investment in upgrading specialist schools, with 39 sharing $388.8 million.
With the funding, we are rebuilding the school on part of the former Colac High School site on Murray Street.
We will modernise the existing heritage building on the site to house:
- staff areas and workspaces
- a library
- art room
- music room
- woodwork room
- food technology facility
- an Early Education Program (EEP) facility with its own dedicated playground.
We'll build new facilities, including:
- a classroom building with fit-for-purpose learning spaces, staff areas and art and food preparation spaces
- an administration building with a multi-purpose space, fitness room, reception, offices and a meeting room.
We'll also prove external works, including:
- a new visitor/staff car park
- a separate and secure bus and student entry area
- play areas
- a garden.
From the 2020–21 Infrastructure Planning and Acceleration fund, the school was allocated $1.544 million in planning funding. In the 2020–21 State Budget, the school received $13.899 million.
Colac Specialist School - indicative site plan
Indicative site plan for the Colac Specialist School upgrade. The school site is borded by Ross Street and Murray Street.
Marked up are:
- Relocatable classrooms
- Building D
- Building A (heritage building)
- New extention of building A
- Relocatable classroom
- Outdoor play
- New visitor car park
- New water tanks
- New substation
- Bus loop
Reviewed 02 February 2023