The 2016–2017 Shared Facilities Fund is closed. We will update this page if future funding opportunities are available for this program. Find out more about other funding available through our grants and funding programs page.
This fund helps build community facilities at schools across Victoria. Some examples include early learning centres, gyms, sports courts or 'community hubs' that provide meeting rooms or health services. Schools, councils and other organisations can apply for the funding.
In the 2016–17 State Budget, the government invested $50 million into the fund.
Shared facilities bring schools and communities together. They give students broader and more positive learning experiences. Families become more involved in their children’s school. Student attendance improves and they achieve more.
The above image shows the new school theatre at Wallan Secondary College. The Shared Facilities Fund provided climate control for this theatre.
Local government partnerships
- Bass Coast Shire Council
- project at Bass Coast College
- City of Wyndham
- project at Tarneit Rise Primary School
- project at Werribee Secondary College
- City of Hume
- City of Whittlesea
- project at Edgars Creek Secondary College
- project at Laurimar Primary School
- City of Melton
- project at Kurunjang Primary School
- project at Melton Secondary College
- Cardinia Shire Council
- project at Bridgewood Primary School
- project at Pakenham Hills Primary School
- project at Koo Wee Rup Secondary College
- Mitchell Shire Council
- project at Broadford Secondary College
- projects at Wallan Secondary College
- project at Seymour College
- City of Casey
- project at Narre Warren South P-12 College
- project at Gleneagles Secondary College
- Nillumbik Shire Council
- project at Eltham High School
- Royal Geelong Yacht Club
- project with Newcomb Secondary College
- Scouts Victoria
- project at Carranballac P-9 College
- Collingwood Basketball Association
- project at Collingwood College
Reviewed 25 August 2022