New Integrated Early Learning Centre
About the project
The centre offers:
- kinder for three and four-year-olds
- long daycare services
- maternal and child health care for local families.
The centre is located at Mooroopna Primary School. It has places for approximately 100 children.
It has a single entry for the community to access:
- early learning
- primary school
- adult learning
- community spaces
- health services.
Mooroopna Primary School and IELC share some spaces. Shared spaces offer staff new opportunities to encourage learning, development and peer support.
By bringing together education, health and learning services, the centre aims to create valuable links with families and the broader community as their children transition from early years to schooling.
The IELC features:
- kindergarten for three and four-year-olds
- learning spaces with fenced outdoor play areas
- long day care services
- a large multipurpose community space
- maternal and child health rooms and facilities
- paediatrician and welfare rooms.
In the 2018-19 State Budget, $20.5 million has been allocated to the Shepparton Education Plan. This follows $1 million in planning funding in 2017-18. This early learning facility is part of the Shepparton Education Plan
Reviewed 03 July 2023