Upgrade and Modernisation
About the project
We expanded and modernised Carlton Gardens Primary School. We improved classrooms and created places for an extra 150 local students.
The students gained:
- a sustainable, state-of-the-art building
- flexible teaching and learning spaces
- accessible bridge links connecting the new building to existing ones
- a covered play area, external seating and landscaping
- renovations to the heritage building and first floor of the BER building.
Heritage Victoria approved the project. We designed the building to be compatible with the heritage and BER buildings.
In 2020, the school received $10.59 million, which is a share in $130.1 million from the Established Areas Program.
Carlton Gardens Primary School - site plan
This image shows a site map of the school. Marked up are:
- new four-storey learning building
- existing BER building
- existing heritage building
- entry points to the school
- Oconnell Lane and Rathdowne Street
Reviewed 08 June 2023