About the project
The school serves families in the suburb of Epping.
The school has been built to accommodate up to 475 students, and was delivered by the Learning Communities Victoria consortium.
The school opened for students, Prep to Year 6 in Term 1, 2017.
The school was designed with the local community in mind and is a gathering place for local families and residents to enjoy community, arts, sports and recreation programs.
- an Early Learning Centre run by the YMCA that facilitates the transition between early childhood learning to primary education
- an additional multi-purpose space that can be used by the school during school hours and by the YMCA out of school hours to provide a range of community services and programs
- a shared oval with City of Whittlesea Council to maximise space for students, including an amphitheatre and outdoor stage
- an expanded gymnasium built to Netball Victoria standards
- embedded environmental sustainability education via the CERES ResourceSmart Schools program initiative
- additional classrooms for students in this high growth area
- conference and meeting rooms for local community use.
Delivered as part of the $291 million allocated in 2014–15 for the Public Private Partnership Project across regional and metropolitan Victoria.
Reviewed 09 November 2022