Planning for an Upgrade and Modernisation
Subject to future funding
About the project
Upgrade and Modernisation
About the project
Hazel Glen College is a new P-12 school in the high growth area of Doreen.
In the 2011–12 and 2012–13 Stage Budgets, $6.2 million and $10 million respectively was provided for the purchase of a school site and the construction of a primary school.
The College received $11.5 million in the 2013–14 State Budget for Stage 1 comprising the construction of a secondary college which was completed at the beginning of the 2015 school year.
The College received $12 million in the 2014–15 State Budget for Stage 2 of development which consists of provision of specialist learning spaces, a performing arts area and senior gym.
In the 2015–16 State Budget, Hazel Glen College received $7.8 million to complete Stage 3 and 4 of development.
The new school at Hazel Glen College provides for the education needs of the whole community. Primary, Middle School and Secondary campuses are located on the same site, linked by a series of pathways, active and passive outdoor recreation spaces.
Stage 1 and 2 Facilities
- Junior Flexible Learning Neighbourhoods
- Outdoor learning spaces
- Primary and Secondary administration areas
- STEAM Centre (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths)
- Hospitality and Performing Arts Centre
- Two-court gymnasium with fitness centre
- Four outdoor basketball/netball courts
- Junior and Senior sports oval
Stage 3 and 4 Facilities
- Two-storey senior learning centre
- Two outdoor basketball courts
- Staff carpark area
- Access roads and pathways
- Pedestrian bridge linking to the school's STEAM building
Previously, the school had received $39.7 million in funding. In the 2015–16 State Budget, $7.8 million was allocated to this project.
Reviewed 24 May 2023