Upgrade and Modernisation
About the project
Work started on this project in 2015, with initial funding of $1 million provided for planning. A further $14.3 million was allocated over the 2016–17 and 2017–18 State Budgets for construction. Stage 1 and 2 are now complete.
Stage 1 included the major refurbishment of Building A, and redeveloping bus drop-off and school entry areas. As part of the refurbishment, we:
- built a new multi-purpose area and classroom facilities
- created a café space / school hub
- re-purposed the administration area to include kitchen and dining facilities, meeting spaces and reading nooks
- relocated and improved staff facilities.
As part of the Stage 2 works, we:
- created a new classroom block
- refurbished existing classroom blocks
- constructed a new roof for the quadrangle
- built a multi-purpose building.
The classroom blocks each have a combination of flexible learning areas, collaborative meeting spaces with wet areas, and staff resources. Learning areas cater for the school's move towards 'team teaching' and have space for two teachers per class. Flexible spaces also allow teachers to better cater for individual student needs.
A total of $15.6 million has been allocated to this project.
Reviewed 16 November 2023