About the project
We built a new primary school in the City of Wyndham. It opened in 2023, helping the growing local population get great education close to home. The school is open for enrolments from Prep to Grade 6.
Joel Riddle was appointed as the first principal of the school.
Lollypop Creek Primary School was chosen as the new school name. We consulted with the community on school's name from 20 June 2022 and 8 July 2022. The school is named after the creek that runs past the school.
The school has the following facilities:
- an administration building with a library, staff offices and amenities
- 2 learning neighbourhood buildings with general purpose classrooms, and flexible and collaborative teaching spaces
- a specialist learning neighbourhood for subjects such as food technology and science
- a community hub with a competition-grade gymnasium, canteen, music and drama space
- 2 outdoor hardcourts
- a sports field
- a bike shed.
We are partnering with Wyndham City Council to build . Every new Victorian primary school will have a kindergarten on-site or next door. Co-locating kindergartens at primary schools provides many benefits for Victorian families, including making:
- kindergarten programs easier to access
- drop-off time simpler and more convenient
- the transition from kindergarten to school smoother for children.
In the 2021–22 State Budget, this school shared in the $491.565 million for new schools construction.
Reviewed 10 September 2023