New Early Learning Facility
About the project
We worked with the City of Casey to deliver a new integrated children’s and community centre in fast-growing Clyde North. This centre was previously known as Kilora Family and Community Centre.
This kindergarten is next to Grayling Primary School. Having the kindergarten and school together may help local children make a smooth transition from pre-school and reduce the number of drop-offs for some parents with kinder and school-aged children.
This community facility includes:
- two maternal and child health consulting rooms, with a waiting area
- three four-year- old kindergarten rooms with outdoor play space
- a large multipurpose community room and courtyard
- a staffed reception area with public Wi-Fi
- a public art installation.
This intergenerational hub is a focal point for the community. It improves the accessibility, quality and integration of early childhood services in an area where demand was exceeding what the existing services were able to provide.
As part of the 2017–2018 Children's Facilities Capital Program $1,600,000 was allocated to the project.
Reviewed 04 October 2022