Upgrade and Modernisation
About the project
We upgraded and expanded Miners Rest Primary School, including:
- 10 new classrooms
- a new entry and administration
- arts room,
- music room
- food tech facilities
- kitchen veggie garden
- landscaped open play areas.
We also built a new competition-grade gymnasium and football oval, which the broader community can use after-hours.
To help inform the school upgrade, we asked the local community what they wanted for the future of the school in terms of its design and facilities. We engaged with students, teachers, parents and community members in Miners Rest on the design for the future of Miners Rest Primary School from 4 to 20 June 2018.
We heard the community wanted:
- a school that doubles as a community hub
- to plan for the future
- to keep the things that are already great
- spacious outdoor areas for sports and play that can be used in all weather
- state of the art, comfortable and functional spaces.
The feedback informed the design for the school.
The school received $4.5 million in 2018–19 and $1.71 million in 2019–20 for land and planning. In 2020, the school received an additional $15.39 million.
Reviewed 07 September 2022