Upgrade and Modernisation
About the project
We have worked with the college on long-term redevelopment plans. This includes the Northern School for Autism campus and other third-party facilities sharing the school grounds.
As well as planning, the funding will allow us to deliver the first stage of the project at Peter Lalor Secondary College. This includes general and specialist learning spaces with collaborative areas, outdoor learning courts and a shade structure that can be used for outdoor learning. We will also undertake landscaping as part of the project.
In the 2020–21 State Budget, the school received $8.2 million.
Peter Lalor Secondary College – master plan
This image shows the master plan for Peter Lalor Secondary College (PLSC) and Northern School for Autism. The site is bordered by Duncan Road, High Street, Robert Street and Lyndon Street.
The following areas are marked up:
Existing buildings and facilities:
- Outer Northern Trade Training Centre
- Northern School for Autism carpark and bus loop
- Lalor Community Gardens
- Peter Lalor Secondary College multipurpose building
- Northern School for Autism outdoor play area
Current upgrade projects
Stage 1 – Peter Lalor Secondary College:
- general learning
- general learning and staff facilities (school funded project)
Stage 2 – Northern School for Autism and third party facilities:
- junior learning community
- admin, staff and multipurpose building
- Lalor Men’s Shed and University of the Third Age (U3A) building
Future upgrade works (subject to future funding)
Peter Lalor Secondary College:
- sports field
- 2 x hard courts
- admin area
- canteen and specialist learning (VET) building
- specialist learning area
- relocatable classroom buildings, maintenance services (subject to school’s future capacity)
- Student Support Services Office (SSSO) facility.
- Outer Northern Trade Training Centre carpark (also accesible to PLSC)
Northern School for Autism:
- middle learning community
- senior learning community
- 2 x hard courts
- relocatable classroom buildings (subject to school’s future capacity, location TBC)
Lalor Men’s Shed and University of the Third Age (U3A) carpark
Reviewed 01 May 2023