About the project
We built a new primary school in Wyndham Vale. It opened in 2021 and helps the growing local population get great education close to home.
Lisa Conibeer has been appointed as the first principal. Enrolments are now open for Prep to Year 6.
Your new school includes the following facilities:
- 3 learning neighbourhoods
- administration building
- outdoor play courts
- performing arts and physical education building
- sports field.
This is a . This means the school has been designed to support a higher number of students with a disability than a typical mainstream school. Included in the school design are facilities that provide additional support, so that all students have access to the same learning and play spaces.
These additional facilities include:
- wider corridors
- an additional first aid room in the administration building (where a hoist could be installed if needed)
- additional spaces throughout the school that could be used as consultation rooms
- an enhanced accessible toilet (where a hoist could be installed if needed)
- a project/kitchen space where kids with special eating requirements can be accommodated
- an additional fitness room for therapeutic use.
Riverbend Primary School was originally known by the interim name of Wollahra Primary School while it was being planned and built. Riverbend Primary School was chosen as the school name following community consultation and discussions with Geographic Names Victoria, with consideration given to factors including public interest, relevance to the local area, and the consideration of local Indigenous languages.
The school is named after the nearby Riverbend Historical Park.
We consulted with local communities for 3 weeks from Wednesday 24 June to Wednesday 15 July 2020. Thank you for your input.
In the 2018–19 State Budget, $271.7 million was allocated to schools across the state for land acquisition.
This includes funding for Riverbend Primary School. In the 2019–20 State Budget, the school shared in $624.8 million allocated for new schools.
Reviewed 31 October 2022