About the project
Secondary school students from the Yarra Ranges area now have access to cutting edge learning at the Yarra Ranges Tech School , which is hosted by Box Hill Institute at its Lilydale Lakeside Campus.
The Yarra Ranges Tech School is a high-tech learning environment Its innovative education programs link with local industry to deliver real world learning. Students from 20 partner schools in Yarra Ranges can access the Tech School throughout the year for specialised programs.
Yarra Ranges Tech School emphasises the vital science, technology, engineering and mathematics skills needed for the 21st century. It enhances the programs schools provide, and helps prepare students for the jobs of the future. The Yarra Ranges Tech School has an education focus aligned to industries that are predicted to experience strong economic and employment growth:
- Precision manufacturing
- Digital technologies including medical robotics
- Sustainability and renewables
- Food, fibre and biotechnology.
Enrolment And Partners
Secondary students from 20 partner schools have access to high-tech learning at the cutting-edge Yarra Ranges Tech School.
- Belgrave Heights Christian School
- Billanook College
- CIRE Services Incorporated
- Edinburgh College
- Healesville High School
- Lilydale Heights College
- Lilydale High School
- Mater Christi College
- Monbulk College
- Mooroolbark College
- Mount Evelyn Christian School/Ranges TEC
- Mount Lilydale Mercy College
- Mountain District Christian School
- Oxley Christian College
- Sherbrooke Community School
- Upper Yarra Secondary College
- Upwey High School
- Worawa Aboriginal College
- Yarra Hills Secondary College
- Yarra Ranges Special Developmental Schoo l
- Deakin University
- Outer Eastern LLEN
- Yarra Ranges Council
$128 million has been allocated to the Tech Schools initiative for the construction and establishment of 10 Tech Schools across the state, with further ongoing funding to support operation.
Reviewed 14 December 2021