About the project
Secondary school students from the Geelong area have access to cutting-edge learning at the school, hosted by The Gordon Institute of TAFE.
The school is be a high-tech learning environment. Its innovative education programs will link with local industry to deliver real world learning. Students from 23 partner schools in Geelong will access the school throughout the year for specialised programs.
The school will emphasise the vital science, technology, engineering and mathematics skills needed for the 21st century. It enhances the programs schools provide, and help prepare students for the jobs of the future.
Site and host
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is hosting the Geelong Tech School at its central Geelong campus.
The Director of the Geelong Tech School is Leanne Collins.
Industry and education focus
The school has an education focus aligned to industries that are predicted to experience strong economic and employment growth:
- professional, scientific and technical services
- health and social assistance
- transport, defence and construction technologies.
Enrolment and partners
Secondary students from 23 partner schools have access to high-tech learning at the cutting edge school.
- Christian College: Bellarine campus , Highton campus
- Institute of Senior Education
- Clonard College
- Geelong Baptist College
- Geelong Grammar School
- Kardinia International College
- Lara Secondary College
- Sacred Heart College
- St Joseph's College Geelong
- Surf Coast Secondary College
- The Geelong College
- Western Heights Secondary College
- Aust engg
- Deakin University
- Geelong Chamber of Commerce
- Geelong Manufacturing Council
- Geelong Region LLEN
- Regional Development Victoria
$128 million has been allocated to the Tech Schools initiative for the construction and establishment of 10 Tech Schools across the state, with further ongoing funding to support operation.
Reviewed 01 November 2022