About the project
Secondary school students from the Whittlesea area now have access to cutting-edge learning at the Whittlesea Tech School hosted by Melbourne Polytechnic.
The Tech School is a high-tech learning environment. Its innovative education programs will link with local industry to deliver real world learning. Students from 14 partner schools in Whittlesea will access the Tech School throughout the year for specialised programs.
The school emphasises the vital science, technology, engineering and mathematics skills needed for the 21st century. It enhances the programs schools provide, and helps prepare students for the jobs of the future.
Site and host
Melbourne Polytechnic is hosting the Whittlesea Tech School at its Epping Campus.
The Executive Director of the school is Marc Blanks.
The Directors of the school are Sandra McKechnie and Stefan Schutt.
Industry and education focus
The school has an education focus aligned to industries that are predicted to experience strong economic and employment growth:
- advanced manufacturing
- scientific and technical services
- healthcare and social assistance
- entrepreneurial skills
- food and fibre.
Enrolment and partners
Secondary students from 14 partner schools now have have access to high-tech learning at the cutting edge school.
- Edgars Creek Secondary College
- Epping Secondary College
- Hazel Glen College
- Lalor Secondary College
- Lalor North Secondary College
- Marymede Catholic College
- Mernda Central P-12 College
- Mill Park Secondary College
- Peter Lalor Secondary College
- St Monica’s College
- The Lakes South Morang P-9 School
- Charles La Trobe P-12 College (The Pavilion Campus - Epping Campus)
- Thomastown Secondary College
- Whittlesea Secondary College
- Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
- Australia Centre for the Moving Image
- Career Education Association of Victoria
- Carlton Football Club
- City of Whittlesea
- CSL Behring
- Design and Technology Teachers Association
- Hume Whittlesea LLEN
- La Trobe University
- Melbourne Electronic Sound Studio
- North Link
- Regional Development Victoria
- RMIT University
- Royal Society of Victoria
- Science Teachers' Association of Victoria
- Science Gallery of Melbourne
For more information about the Tech Schools initiative, visit About Tech or email email@example.com.
School Design Awards
This school, designed by ClarkeHopkinsClarke, was a finalist in the 2019 Victorian School Design Awards.
$128 million has been allocated to the Tech Schools initiative for the construction and establishment of 10 Tech Schools across the state, with further ongoing funding to support operation.
Reviewed 14 October 2022